Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Multiple viewports

This topic is 5104 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi i want to implement multiple viewports on the samne screen using OpenGL. For example I may be rendering a scene to the main viewport but then suddenly want to open another small rectangular part of the screen to show a differant part of the scene (for example a rear view mirror in a racing game or a four player split screen each window paying a differant scene). Whats the best way to go about this? I thought perhaps a seperate window and OGL pixel format etc for each window but that sounds somewhat messy. The mroe i think about this the more I think that there is not a simple solution

I have a problem:

i have a win32 program and i use a principal 3D Viewport for a 3D scene, 3 secondary 2D Viewport for text and geometric figures. But if i put only a simple rectangle in a 2D viewport i look a wonderful flickering in the rectangle. The same problem is present if i use a bmp image or other figures...