Encryption?

Started by
4 comments, last by Toolmaker 20 years, 2 months ago
I am looking for really simple tutorials on encryption. I tried to google, look at codeproject, etc. But I can''t really find any good tutorial that explains me some basics. I would like to start with a few simple encryption algorythms. Links anyone? Toolmaker -Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can.

Advertisement
quote:Original post by Toolmaker
I am looking for really simple tutorials on encryption. I tried to google, look at codeproject, etc. But I can''t really find any good tutorial that explains me some basics. I would like to start with a few simple encryption algorythms.

Links anyone?

Toolmaker

Do a google search for ROT13 and BASE64...

Those would be some of the most easier and general forms of encryption one could implement. If your comfortable with any language, after reading how those work, you should easily be able to implement some encryption / decrypt functions

cheers();

_vizual_

cheers,vizuäl
I object to calling BASE64 an encryption scheme; it''s used for encoding when you want to represent binary data with just printable characters. That makes it rather a transport protocol instead.
A good question would be, how well do you know you''re math. While you can certainly download encryption libraries or copy code, to make your own implementation you''ll need to understand the math behind it (though it''s not so much the math, but the notation you''ll need to understand. If you are in highschool you may or may not have been exposed to it).

When IT is back up come talk to me about it.
quote:Original post by Toolmaker
I am looking for really simple tutorials on encryption. I tried to google, look at codeproject, etc. But I can''t really find any good tutorial that explains me some basics. I would like to start with a few simple encryption algorythms.

Links anyone?

Toolmaker

-Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can.

You might try The Data Encryption Page.

As for simple algorithms you might look into substitution ciphers and caesar ciphers. You can also look up the TEA(Tiny Encryption Algorithm) encryption. It''s small and fairly straight forward.

Patrick
I have just the thing. You''ll love it

www.coldcity.com
code, pics, life
[size="2"]www.coldcity.com code, art, life

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement