SMS vs. Data Traffic dilemma

Started by
-1 comments, last by ujp2pm 20 years, 2 months ago
Hi forum(ites)! Had a query with regards to the ''SMS vs. Data Traffic'' dilemma. Please do let me know your thoughts...so, here goes......We, at SoftexDigital (http://www.softexdigital.com) have come up with a new angle to an existing J2ME application. The application will deliver revenue to us via downloads; however we want to generate revenue from the traffic besides the downloads....therefore the following q''s? 1. Should we follow the sms model or should we just we use non-sms network traffic (maybe through WAP/GPRS). 2. Are operators willing to share the revenues generated from this data traffic with the developers of the application? I assume yes, but am not sure how much? 3. Will it be easier to market (negotiate a revenue sharing deal) for a sms based app to an operator OR for an app which generates non-sms traffic? 4. Lastly, what is more beneficial from the user point of view. Your answers will go a long way in clearing some issues that we currently have. Regards, Uday Parmar (uday.parmar@softexdigital.com) BDM - SoftexDigital Ltd.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement