Basic DX engine

Started by
14 comments, last by protomor 20 years, 2 months ago
I lost all my stuff in a hd I had so im back to square 1. its a big loss for me
-protomor-
Advertisement
There are a plethora of tutorials covering directx initialization. Pick one and move on.
Same here. A couple weeks ago my dad put a program on my computer while I was at work and was bragging because he cleaned my computer up. I came home and was missing 180 megabytes of programming stuff, including most of the DirectX SDK. I''ve lost count on how many times I''ve had to start over.
Pick your favorite demo out of a book. Rip out their code and put in yours.

-----------
VenDrake

"When you and a friend are being chased by a King Cheata, you have but one chance, trip your friend."
-------------VenDrakeTo understand recursion, you must first understand recursion.
What version of DirectX do you use? I have a base engine you can derive from if you use DirectX 8.1 or ^. It has Windows and DirectX. It uses a variable array function (or whatever it is called) for error logging. Windows and DirectX are not wrapped, it has all of the variables and a single create function. It stores the title, width, and height. Also it is for fullscreen (so I don't worry about the caption because it uses the WS_POPUP flag).

[edit] And if you want I could recomment it (I don't comment the basic stuff).

[edited by - Programmer16 on January 23, 2004 10:08:14 PM]
I use dx9. Id love to look at your base engine
-protomor-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement