Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Majestik666

Windows Explorer Plugin

Guest Anonymous Poster
did you get the big windows API helpfile? get that it tells you everything you need to know. Here''s a hint. Look for the Shell commands.
you can also do simple things by hand editing the registry but you have to be very careful if you should try that.

Guest Anonymous Poster
AP: I think the OP means how can he do things like (for example) the winzip plugins. I have to admit that I don''t know the answer to this, but I suggest trying <a href="http://www.codeproject.com">Code Project</a> - Browse through this site, they have alot of examples of all sorts of things under windows ... it can take a little trying though (hint try including "site:codeproject.com" in google search terms to limit your search to Code Project)

Hope that helps

Actually what I meant exactly was ,
to be able to make a plugin in which I
would modify file listing in the windows
explorer for example regroup some files
under a unique item name like this :

Actual listing :
source1.cpp
source2.cpp
source3.cpp

New listing :
source[1-3].cpp

And this in the Windows explorer itself,
not in a separate app.

Francois

The topic to search for is "Shell Extensions", however, I don''t think what you want to do is possible. Well, at least not easy. Most "Shell Extensions" allow you to associate your application with a particular file extension. So that, for example, you can invoke the application on a particular file using the right mouse button context menu (ala WinZip or WinRar). Perhaps you could use this to provide an alternative option for opening or exploring folders to achieve the results you seek.

Acutally now I can refine my question

I''m looking for examples/source codes
about implementing/installing a new folder view

What I''d like to do is to add this folder
view to the custom folder settings of Windows
(where you can choose music, images,etc.)

Thanks a lot !

Francois

Try this page:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_adv/namespaceextension/namespace.asp

[edited by - ironfroggy on January 24, 2004 2:43:56 PM]