Making cool effects with win32?

Started by
2 comments, last by DevLiquidKnight 20 years, 2 months ago
I was wondering if anyone knows of any sites that would have examples of doing win32 programing related mainly to like.. really neat effects for like somthing in application or somthing. Like plasma effects, making like a small lil window in a dialog that is all animated and stuff if you know what I mean? Kinda like the neat effects you can see in a music player, with all the blury colors and things. Anyone know where someone can find info about programming this type of stuff? Basically really enhanced GUI's ect? [edited by - DevLiquidKnight on January 23, 2004 3:11:19 PM]
Advertisement
OpenGL or Direct3D (Me Myself I Prefer OpenGL)

[Mercury Software] [Google!] [ Look I DONT Follow Trends ]
Over at www.flipcode.com there is a series called the Art of Demo Making. It''s not exactly Window specific, but it does get in to plasmas and the like.

As far as Win32 GDI stuff goes I think you should start out by:

1. Creating a window
2. Drawing a bitmap on that window
3. Manipulating the contents of the bitmap.
4. Do this in a nice loop that still lets the user close the Window.

Once you can do those four things you will be able to add anything else you want.

Best of luck,
Will
------------------http://www.nentari.com
Over at www.flipcode.com there is a series called the Art of Demo Making. It''s not exactly Window specific, but it does get in to plasmas and the like.

As far as Win32 GDI stuff goes I think you should start out by:

1. Creating a window
2. Drawing a bitmap on that window
3. Manipulating the contents of the bitmap.
4. Do this in a nice loop that still lets the user close the Window.

Once you can do those four things you will be able to add anything else you want.

Best of luck,
Will

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement