Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stooge_dev

Test on pong clone

stooge_dev    122
Hello, I would like some people to test my pong clone and report if it works Windows 95,98,ME, and XP. This game is programmed using the Windows API. Pong Clone Thank you. [edited by - stooge_dev on January 23, 2004 3:38:49 PM] [edited by - stooge_dev on January 23, 2004 3:39:48 PM]

Ilankt    229
some feedback

1.the ball moves too slow
2.the cpu paddle move extremly fast, so it's not possible to win...

{EDIT}
ohh, yeah, it worked on my XP pro.

[edited by - ilankt on January 23, 2004 4:09:25 PM]

Qa303asmGuru    163
Neat.

Player paddle moves fine if you use the mouse. Using the up-down arrows is way too slow.

The computer needs to move like a real player would...this means a little more intelligent AI, but in the long run it''s worth it.

Good job.

-Q

| Z Matrix Thread | | My Unfinished Page | | I need answers! | | Genaside presents: Hazard Ball | | Maddox |

stooge_dev    122
Thanks for the feedback.

Do you or anyone else have a suggestion to improve movement with the arrow keys? I didn''t really write any AI. Just some code to move the paddle with the ball. Maybe, I''ll fix this or I won''t.

The ball should speed up over time.

Mushu    1396
It does speed up - you just have to be good at pong. I actually manages to beat that cheating computer AI, but whatever.

Limit the computer and player to the same maximum speed, then write an algorithm so that the computer calculates and predicts where the ball will be whenever it reflects off the player''s paddle.

Also, add a randomness variable into it so that when the ball hits the paddles (not walls) it can bounce off in different ways so that it''s not always so predictable.

And then add bounce zones onto the paddles so that if I hit the ball off on the edge it will go to the side and go crazy, if I hit it in the middle then it will go straight.

--it can be done--

"Yes... I use VB6. But my pong could whip you tetris''s blocks."
Join Microsoft''s Guinea Pigs Research Panel Now! Click Here!

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Works on windows 98. I have a 444mhz processor, and it works fine. (If it works on my computer, it will work on anyones.)

Great game, i beat the comp 4-3