REALITY GAMES

Started by
12 comments, last by iNfuSeD 20 years, 3 months ago
Why bother with scripting dialog?

Just take the whole concept and move it online and let the characters/players provide the dialog. They''ll be far more creative - and unpredictable - than anything you could write.

And I think a reality-show-type competition is going to have appeal if its other "real" folks (using the word "real" very loosely here!) the player is competing against.

Randy ChaseKellogg Creek Software, Inc.
Advertisement
what about "survivor"? i only watched one episode, and thought it was pretty much a waste of time, but based on ratings the general public just eats it up.

make the player one of the characters put on the island. they have to help their group build a hut, get food and water, deal with stuff (bugs, snakes, cannibals even). they''d have to perform those challenges (using some sort of simple input that is appropriate for all of the challenges, but not so complex that it isn''t worth playing) for points or however it works. they''d have to try to get friendly with at least some of the other characters (by being nice, helping them, gossiping with them, lying about the others to gain a foothold, etc... all done with an abstract interface like the sims so there wouldn''t have to be scripted conversations) so they don''t get voted off the island.

i think the hardest part to model would be the socializing to not get voted away part; but in its abstracted form, it might just be possible (make sure to throw in variables to handle whether the other characters might realize you are BSing them, or are hateful and won''t be nice no matter what, etc).

of course, getting the license to publish the game would probably be worse than the actual programming
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
quote:Original post by krez
what about "survivor"?

of course, getting the license to publish the game would probably be worse than the actual programming

They''ve already done a Survivor game. I actually have a copy of it here in the office somewhere. But even though I''m a big fan of the show, I''ve never gotten around to actually taking a look at the game.
Randy ChaseKellogg Creek Software, Inc.
well, i guess it was a viable idea then
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement