• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

styles_b

OpenGL OpenGL enumeration

This topic is 5415 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This is a pretty simple question, I just can''t find the correct functions and what not via google. I''m looking to enumerate the display divices via opengl, so that the user can select the one they want from a dialog listbox or such, but I can''t find how to do the enumeration. Anyone know of a good place to go to learn how to do this? Thanks!

Advertisement
Display DEVICES cant be done via the OpenGL API
However, the various contexts can be done via OGL, http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/registry/ARB/wgl_pixel_format.txt has details on the extension u can use to do this and Nvidia has an example of how to use it in their Multisampling example

Windows has functions (if you're doing it from Windows)
EnumDisplayDevices and EnumDisplaySettings and even EnumDisplayMonitors.

That should be all you need.
-FReY

[edit] Typo

[edited by - FReY on January 24, 2004 7:52:22 AM]

the wgl pixel format extension however does give you more control over what happens when you cant get the context you want and it also allows you to request stuff like FSAA and (if you feel advanced) a floating point frame buffer.

Basicaly, anything beyond the standard things you can select with the windows pixel format stuff

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!