Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vnebojsa

Formating Hard Drive

I don''t know if this is the right forum but... I have a problem. I want to format my Hard Disk (C. I have created Startup disk (on floppy) and then I restarted my computer in MS-DOS booting that floppy. Then, I typed "C:" and and I opened "C:\>" in my MS-DOS. Then I typed "format c:" but i got this message: "Bad command or file name". I tried it more times but nothing. I have Win XP-Pro. Please help me to solve this problem. Thx! Nebo

you need to find format.com (should be in C:/windows/system32 and copy that to your boot floppy. when you boot, no need to go to your c drive just type thusly:

A:\>format C:

(i.e. just type "format C:" )

-me

[edited by - Palidine on January 23, 2004 7:06:56 PM]

quote:
Original post by vnebojsa
I copyed Format.com on my floppy disk but when I try to run it in MS-DOS i got this message: "This programm could not be run in DOS mode". What''s the problem?

format.com is a windows console not a dos program. they are just similar. again not while in ure c drive type format C: or fdisk C:

[Mercury Software] [Google!] [ Look I DONT Follow Trends ]

quote:
Original post by vnebojsa
Can you tell me how to create a boot disk?
http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

What do you want to do once you have formatted the drive though? If you just want to reinstall Windows then just stick the CD in the drive and reboot, the installer can do that for you. If you want to install Linux or something then let that handle it.

[ DGDev -- The Delphi Games Development Community ] [ Help GameDev.net fight cancer ]