Formating Hard Drive

Started by
16 comments, last by vnebojsa 20 years, 3 months ago
I don''t know if this is the right forum but... I have a problem. I want to format my Hard Disk (C. I have created Startup disk (on floppy) and then I restarted my computer in MS-DOS booting that floppy. Then, I typed "C:" and and I opened "C:\>" in my MS-DOS. Then I typed "format c:" but i got this message: "Bad command or file name". I tried it more times but nothing. I have Win XP-Pro. Please help me to solve this problem. Thx! Nebo
Best Regards,Nebo VeronReal Command
Advertisement
you need to find format.com (should be in C:/windows/system32 and copy that to your boot floppy. when you boot, no need to go to your c drive just type thusly:

A:\>format C:

(i.e. just type "format C:" )

-me

[edited by - Palidine on January 23, 2004 7:06:56 PM]
I copyed Format.com on my floppy disk but when I try to run it in MS-DOS i got this message: "This programm could not be run in DOS mode". What''s the problem?
quote:Original post by vnebojsa
I copyed Format.com on my floppy disk but when I try to run it in MS-DOS i got this message: "This programm could not be run in DOS mode". What''s the problem?

format.com is a windows console not a dos program. they are just similar. again not while in ure c drive type format C: or fdisk C:

[Mercury Software] [Google!] [ Look I DONT Follow Trends ]
I tried to type "format c:" while running A: and it still doesn''t wotk. What should I do?
Just reinstall Windows, the setup program will allow you to format the drive/partition.

[ DGDev -- The Delphi Games Development Community ] [ Help GameDev.net fight cancer ]
[ PGD - The Home of Pascal Game Development! ] [ Help GameDev.net fight cancer ]
So, I just have to insert and boot my Windows cd and to run Setup.exe from it?
or go to "My Computer" right-click your "C:" drive and click "format".

[Mercury Software] [Google!] [ Look I DONT Follow Trends ]
it doesn''t work DerAnged
Someone really ought to make a gamedever''s guide to reformatting you harddrive and how to install linux lol

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement