Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigpod

Looking For Cpu Scheduling Algorithms, SJF, FCFS, Lottery, Priority Scheduling

bigpod    122
Hi, Does anyone hav a ready implementation for any of the above mentioned algorithms. I ''m doing a CPU scheduling simulator in C# and of course it would be really nice to find some ready food. I don''t want to reinvent the cycle you see. [the truth is I''m out of time] so any implementation in any C-family language of these algorithms [shortest job first, fcfs, sjf, lt, pri] would be nice. or at least someone could give me a direction to look and be inspired? perhaps a similar project, or a GOOD book. I have knowledge in C/C++/C# and I really don''t mind if someone has to say sth for Python and Java [or anything else] thanks for reading and giving ideas/links/books/sample code/projects [or nothing]

SirKnight    316
At first I thought you were building an Operating System. Have you checked out the linux kernel source? I''m not exactly sure what scheduling algorithms they use specifically but I know it does use some.

I have this operating systems book with dinosaurs on the front and it explains all these things in detail. Not much code but good enough explanations to implement it at least.

-SirKnight

SirKnight    316
I just found this on google. It''s a CPU scheduling simulator with source. http://www.capricorn.org/~akira/cgi-bin/scheduler/explain/

It''s not in your list but don''t forget the Round Robin algorithm. It''s very easy to implement compared to many others.

-SirKnight