Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joeyg2477

My Two Cents

joeyg2477    115
I was reading a thread on another forum on this site and it inspired me to write this.... Just to get started, have you ever knew someone in one of your class''s or on this site who really wants people to think they are ''SMART''. This is common especially when dealing with anything related to computers. I think people like this really need to think about why they try so hard to learn(anything for this matter); is it because they want to have the answer and be able to boost their confidence or is it because they have a passion for what they are learning. Here are some ways to tell if this is you 1)if someone tells you what they know and you can''t wait till they finish because you are dying to reply with what you know 2)if you are in class in know the teacher has made some mistake (and the mistake is trivial to what you are actually learning)and you have to interupt the teacher to correct her. 3)if you really don''t enjoy what you are learning but know that one of the rewards it that other people will think you are smart. The only reason I really wrote this is to tell the new people who are wanting to learn proramming or game programming or anything on this site for that matter, to do it because it is fun , it will help you to express your creativity, and hopefully because you are growing a passion for it.

-silencer-    144
Welcome to the world of programming.
Over populated by the arrogant I-know-more-and-program-better-than-you section of the world population. These types of people are in all professions - the ones that ache to show you they can solve the problem someone may have struggled with, but are too inflated with their own perceived mastery to teach them HOW to solve the problem.

After over 7 years in college and 3 different majors (Microbiology & Pre-Med, Mechanical Engineering, and Computer Science) I''ve come to the realization of the fact that these kinds of people hold the highest concentration within computer programming.

After nearly a year on these forums I''m thankful to see that most of us are not within that group of people since most of us do our best to HELP others out there be better programmers, not slam them for code mistakes, boast of their programming skill since the age of 5 when they picked up a computer and wrote their own assembler in C, or designed a superscalar pipelined processor in Verilog when they were 11 while their parents were decorating the Christmas tree.

Helping others become better programmers will impress them more than your past accomplishments, whether true or imagined, and surprisingly enough you''ll feel better for giving help than denying it. Isn''t that why we''re on these forums in the first place?

(silencer)

MTT    265
I kinda do number 1 somtimes but the others arn''t somthing i would do. Usually on number 1 its when i have somthing to argue against what they said and not just to flaunt my knowledge.