• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Three cheers for NeHe!!!

This topic is 6389 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Last night I finally decided to break rank and do a little graphics coding. Until now I''ve been getting increasingly annoyed by the concept of using a prefab engine in my game, mostly this is due to missing features or in the case of crystalspace too many features (that are so heavily cross integrated I couldn''t be bother try to extricate them from their code). So, I gave NeHe''s tutorials a try. The first one was king of long and nearly scared me off until I noticed that most of the contents were already in my head anyway(windows creation message handling etc). Then I tried drawing my first triangle, EASY!, played with it, moved it closer, further away etc, then kept following the lessons until I was spinning textured cubes.STILL EASY! Now, from what I''ve learnt I can see how a model loader would be constructed. It was one of those ''moments'' you know what I mean, like the first time you ''get'' linked lists'' or radix sorts or etc... Anyway, just thought I''d give credit where due (he got an email as well) gimp PS : Now those nasty idea''s of actually creating my own outdoors engine look closer.... more late night on the horizon I say.

Advertisement

• Advertisement