Joel: The Absolute Minimum You Should Know on Character Sets

Started by
7 comments, last by antareus 20 years, 2 months ago
Joel On Software - The Absolute Minimum Every Software Developer Absolutely, Positively Must know about Unicode and Character Sets Good primer article on character sets and encoding. I was really in the dark on the topic, and I hope someone else can find it useful.
--God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.- C.S. Lewis
Advertisement
Why they used that article to make fun of Texans and conservatives I don''t know...
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,gave proof through the fight that our flag was still there.Oh say, does that star-spangled banner yet waveover the land of the free and the home of the brave?
Just finished the article. Thanks for the link, I
must admit I did know too less on the subject, but I
think I got a good overview now
Thanks
-CProgrammer
That was very enlightening. Thanks for posting this.
quote:Original post by PlayGGY
Why they used that article to make fun of Texans and conservatives I don''t know...

I am both and wasn''t offended at all. You''re missing the point.
--God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.- C.S. Lewis
quote:Original post by antareus
quote:Original post by PlayGGY

I am both and wasn''t offended at all. You''re missing the point.

Yes, it was a great article, but I was suprised they found a place to put politics into it.
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,gave proof through the fight that our flag was still there.Oh say, does that star-spangled banner yet waveover the land of the free and the home of the brave?
My god. This day in age, you just can''t make a joke can you? If people learned to laugh at themselves more, this political correctness stuff would not exist.

I''m Canadian, when I hear canadian jokes, I laugh. It''s a joke, and in this case not offensive. Lighten up people.
i don''t think he was making fun of texans, after all he compared them to californians (who he said are wussies).
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
The guy was joking lightheartedly guys, get over it. You can''t go through life being that touchy.

And on topic, I learned a good deal from that article. I was one of those ignorant "plain text" programmers because I was too lazy to do encoding. Then Java started forcing me to use Unicode, so bleh.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement