Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oxyd

Creating MDI LIKE application (wo/ MDI)

I want to create an app, that will have some features from MDI. Concretely child windows with title bar, but limited to the parent window. I don''t want MDI, because it has more features than I need (eg maximizing / minimizing document windows, and many many more...). The problem is, that when I create a document window (dialog with WS_CHILD style), I can''t "switch" to it - I can assign the focus to it, but the titlebar remains grayed (inactive) - I want to be able to set the titlebar''s color to active, if that''s possible. Oxyd --- Unreadable code is code written on a piece of paper, but not the one, in which its programmer is using a space in place you don''''t.

Just use MDI. If your sole criteria in selecting things is "does it have only the features I want" instead of "can I get things done in a reasonable amount of time," then you won''t be very productive. MFC has good MDI support so I''d consider using that.

The pseudo-active windows and toolwindows in MFC MDI apps are highly hacked to make the user think the windows would all be active. They aren''t.

Look at here. Look at Docking Toolbars. It explains how to hack windows titlebars to appear active.