Nintendo DS Game Design

Started by
21 comments, last by SteevR 20 years, 2 months ago
sorry to sound like a troll, but "port game&watch games" ?
The only game&watch games i saw were LCD''s, am I wrong?

off the top of my head though, I cant think of a good use of having vertical-aligned screens (one above the other)

the player would have to be moving their eyes a lot more than if it were side by side and I''d imagine (assuming there was action in boths screens) this would get quite irratating after a while

Unfortunetly with the current cost/profit to make GBA games (or at least break even), I don''t see this getting very far, especially as nintendo wont be able to bring any old stuff across straght away.

Which is a shame, a hardware innovation would be quite nice
Advertisement
Sure. I mean, lots of classic games are being re-packaged and sold as classics. I haven''t seen any Game & Watch games getting updated, though, and I bet they''d sell pretty well as compilations. Well, after changing the maps from horizontally-tiled displays to vertical ones.

Pinball games would be good with 2 vertically-tiled displays, too.

"Remember: Silly is a state of Mind, Stupid is a way of Life." -- Dave Butler

Globals are not evil. Singletons are evil.
quote:Original post by Indigo Darkwolf
Sure. I mean, lots of classic games are being re-packaged and sold as classics. I haven''t seen any Game & Watch games getting updated, though, and I bet they''d sell pretty well as compilations. Well, after changing the maps from horizontally-tiled displays to vertical ones.
They sell "Game and Watch Gallery" for Gameboy.

It has classic, which is an emulation of the originals, and "Modern" where they redrew the graphics for Gameboy.
~~~~~Screaming Statue Software. | OpenGL FontLibWhy does Data talk to the computer? Surely he's Wi-Fi enabled... - phaseburn

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement