MD2 Using OpenGL Model OK Skin SNAFU

Started by
23 comments, last by MountainLion2 20 years, 2 months ago
I need some help...I have a 3D terrain model of Mars...greyscale heightmap with a texture overlay...Now I want to put models of the landers in. When I used the MD2 models that come with OpenGL Game Programming, they looked good, moved right and skin was right. When I put in my own model in, the model looks good, but the skin isn''t right. The skin on the model has these weird black strips that run through it. This same texture covers the entire model, which it shouldn''t, the only texture that does look right is the top, but it shows signs of z-fighting. I''ve checked the model with a MD2 viewer and it looked fine. Any one have any idea''s?
Advertisement
screenshot?

[Mercury Software] [Google!] [ Look I DONT Follow Trends ]
Dumb question....How do I post a screenshot...cut and paste doesn''t seem to work...
host it with some image service or on your site then use img src=PIC HERE>

[edited by - DerAngeD on January 25, 2004 9:06:18 AM]
WAIT! What is your znear set to? Zfar? and Zbuffer? If your in OpenGL go here.CLICKY

The Z-buffer is set 24, and the z near and z far are set to the default value..0 I think, I don''t remember setting them.

here''s the screenshot:

img src=PIC HERE>http://home.mchsi.com/~l-neilson/wsb/html/view.cgi-photo.html--SiteID-587817.html
The Z-buffer is set 24, and the z near and z far are set to the default value..0 I think, I don''t remember setting them.

here''s the screenshot:

img src=http://home.mchsi.com/~l-neilson/wsb/html/view.cgi-photo.html--SiteID-587817.html
Well I didn''t get the pic stuff right but there''s the URL
if your ZNear and Zfar are less than near -500 to far 500 you have a great possibility for zfighting

what is your gluPerspective set to

gluPerspective (GLdouble fovy, GLdouble aspect, GLdouble zNear, GLdouble zFar);

[edited by - DerAngeD on January 25, 2004 10:01:16 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement