(DirectInput8) Mouse clicks :/

Started by
1 comment, last by shrt 20 years, 3 months ago
It is very simple to check if a mousebutton is being pressed, like:

bool CInput::MouseButtonDown(int iButton)
	{
		if (m_MouseState.rgbButtons[iButton] & 0x80) {
			return true;
		} else
			return false;
	}
But how do I check if a mousebutton is clicked ? (definition of click: mousebtn down, then mousebtn up)
Jacob H. Hansen - My Website
Advertisement
I assume you are checking the state of the mouse each frame?(although we all know what happens when you assume)

Simply keep a state of the mouse from the previous frame and then it's simple logic from there.

bool CInput::MouseButtonDown(int iButton){	if (m_MouseState.rgbButtons[iButton] & 0x80) {		return true;	} else{		return false;	}}// note that the above can be reduced to:bool CInput::MouseButtonDown(int iButton){	return m_MouseState.rgbButtons[iButton] & 0x80;}// but you should check the value of iButton to make sure// you don't go outside the array and crash your program// in class declarationbool prevButtons[MAX_BUTTONS];// loop through and copy the current buttons(& 0x80 them when// you copy to turn it into a bool) to the prevButtons// before you check the new state of the mouse// Button was down last frame, and is up this framebool CInput::MouseButtonUp(int iButton){	return prevButtons[iButton] && (!m_MouseState.rgbButtons[iButton] & 0x80);}  

Jesus is Lord!!

Edit: Darn tags

[edited by - CD579 on January 24, 2004 5:49:13 PM]
Jesus is Lord!!
Above solution won''t work if the mousedown/mouseup both take place in the same frame. I suggest you look up buffered input in the SDK docs.
[ PGD - The Home of Pascal Game Development! ] [ Help GameDev.net fight cancer ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement