RSA-1024 Bit Encryption?

Started by
5 comments, last by DevLiquidKnight 20 years, 2 months ago
[removed] [Edited by - DevLiquidKnight on February 15, 2007 9:54:32 AM]
Advertisement
A little off-topic, but I noticed in another thread that you have been interested in crytopgrahy for awhile.

I'm just starting to actually get rather interested in it myself. The only exposure I ever had to it was this Abstract Number Theory course which I took in university. Spent about a month studying RSA and it's mechanics.

Anyhow, Wondering if you might have any good / decent links to point me toward with regards to implementing some basic encryption methods? work my way up..

preferably a little more advanced than ROT13 but nothign too hardcore?

thanks!

_vizual_

[edited by - _vizual_ on January 24, 2004 5:40:07 PM]
cheers,vizuäl
[removed]

[Edited by - DevLiquidKnight on February 15, 2007 9:38:48 AM]
Thanks!

...and remember to drink your ovaltine!
cheers,vizuäl
Take a look in your MSVC++ Win32 SDK documentation. Microsoft actually distributes a very easy to use cryptography SDK that utilizes Windows''s security features, and it performs RSA encryption.
h20, member of WFG 0 A.D.
quote:Original post by mnansgar
Take a look in your MSVC++ Win32 SDK documentation. Microsoft actually distributes a very easy to use cryptography SDK that utilizes Windows''s security features, and it performs RSA encryption.

Though keep in mind that CryptoAPI has been found to be predictable, and microsoft has fixed that in their .NET cryptography classes.

The platform SDK docs should be good for a start though, I suppose.

Muhammad Haggag

quote:Original post by Coder
Though keep in mind that CryptoAPI has been found to be predictable, and microsoft has fixed that in their .NET cryptography classes.

Just to clarify: The random number generation has been found to be predictable.

Muhammad Haggag

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement