Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yohomyth

visual c++ help

I have 2 problems with visual c++: (1) When explicitly linking a DLL, when i use the GetProcAddress function it always returns 0. One example is when i had an exported string (w/__declspec(dllexport)) called V_TWCLIB. The parameters for GetProcAddress were (hTWCLibModule,"V_TWCLIB"). (2) Sometimes when i change a char in a string (char*) the program will unexpectedly close. This happens in functions that i make that convert data to a string. It also happens when i type case or reinterpret cast to a string. ---I think the most likely reasons for my problems are because my visual studio is out of date (I only have SP1). But i can''t download the service packs because there like over 100 mb and i get a 24k connection. Is there a way to have the SPs sent on a cd from microsoft? If so, how? Any help will be appreciated. TIA "Solutions are not the answer." - Richard Nixon

I don''t think service packs (or lack thereof) are causeing your problems (I don''t have any service packs installed)

My only problem with GetProcAddress() came from using the wrong case. Make sure the function name case-correct.

-----------
VenDrake

"When you and a friend are being chased by a King Cheata, you have but one chance, trip your friend."