• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

billybob

the _Crt memory leak routines

This topic is 5263 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just started working on my game''s editor, using MFC. it links (dynamically, eg LoadLibrary, ...) to a DLL with my game in it. because MFC turns on the Crt debug memory leak routines, it shows many memory leaks. thousands. but, on closer inspection, I found out many of the things its reporting as memory leaks are statics. even string literals from my game DLL are showing up as memory leaks. I know for a fact that its reporting the memory leaks before the statics are finished being destroyed, because if I put a breakpoint in the class that has most of the statics, the debug output begins reporting memory leaks when the program breaks at that point. I continue stepping through the debugger, to the next static being destroyed, and it still reports memory leaks. How can I either set a memory checkpoint so this won''t happen, or disable it completely? I would prefer the first so I could actually find legitimate memory leaks.

Advertisement
Get a better compiler. VS7.1 doesn''t have any false positives related to using the STL in conjunction with the heap checking routines.

You could also try STLPort but I haven''t actually verified if that helps.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!