Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VenDrake

3D for Newbs

VenDrake    131
I''ve been working on a project called The Colesium. It''s core idea was easy 3D for new C++ programmers. A new programmer can now program with 3D graphics in less than 10 minutes. The distributable comes with the Colesium program, a demo game called "Shoot ''Em" and a "Skeleton Module". The code for the Colesium is not distributed, just the exe. The demo game shows how easy it is to make a simple game. The Skeleton Module is a starting spot for new programmers. Simply search / replace "Skeleton Module" for "My Game" and you are off (See HowTo.txt for details). The Skeleton Module demonstrates all of the basic operations. It also provides a place where you can easily see the results of your modifications. The graphics here arn''t fancy - they''re simple, easy to grasp concepts. A more complex version is in the works, but not ready for distributin yet. All are welcome to download, use, and comment. For this first release, it would be nice to recieve coments from people who can fully understand & describe problems that may arise. http://www.geocities.com/kanonw/Coliseum.zip I''ll try to watch this thread closely for comments. ----------- VenDrake "When you and a friend are being chased by a King Cheata, you have but one chance, trip your friend."

sagwagon    122
Some kind of read me or other documentation is a requirement for a project like this. Coliseum ran with the rotating cube. I didn''t care to open vis c++ to compile the examples. Some screen shots might add some incentive for people to want to use this thing.

VenDrake    131
sagwagon: Thanks. A screenshot is just what I was getting to. BTW: There is a dropdown on the right that gives access to the rest of the projects (precompiled). Also, there is a HowTo in the SkeletonModule describing How to get started writing code. I''ll give some thought to a more complete ReadMe.

Here''s a screeny:
http://www.geocities.com/kanonw/ColiseumScreen1.bmp

Here''s a sample showing how easy it is to create/use an object.

// Creating a Sphere

m_pSphere = m_pRenderEngine->CreateObjectFromResource(RG_SPHERE);
m_pSphere->SetColor(KWColor32(0x00, 0x00, 0xFF, 0x00));
m_pSphere->SetOrientation(0.0, -PI/2, 0.0);
m_pSphere->SetVisible(TRUE);
m_pSphere->SetPosition(KWVector3<float>(10, 0, 1));

// Moving it in a circle

m_pSphere->SetPosition(KWVector3<float>(10+8*sin(dGameTime), 10+8*cos(dGameTime), 1));

-----------
VenDrake

"When you and a friend are being chased by a King Cheata, you have but one chance, trip your friend."