Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Colin Jeanne

Javascript wont play with PHP

Colin Jeanne    1114
I am attempting to write a link search engine for my site so that I can have one links page that users can use to search for external links based on certain criteria. Right now I am trying to create the page that manages the underlying database (which uses PHP''s DBA functions - I don''t have access to SQL). The problem I am having seems to lie in the javascript I use to submit the form. Since I only have buttons for Add/Delete/Modify I use javascript to set the value of some hidden fields so that I can use those variables later and then use javascript to submit. I cannot seem to get javascript to properly set the hidden fields and so I cannot retrieve the data. Here is the source code for the administration page. Here is the source code for the PHP functions. The only relevent function to this problem in dbfuncs is RecordsAdmin(). The other functions are either functions I have yet to test because they deal with the actual search of the database or I have tested and used successfully.
Colin Jeanne | Invader''s Realm

Kylotan    10003
I have no idea what the problem here is because there''s too much to look at. You need to narrow it down. If you''re sure the javascript is failing, then you need to add debugging to the script to see where it fails. Check the success of every line, and use a browser''s javascript console to see any error messages.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL Docs | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost
Asking Questions | Organising code files | My stuff | Tiny XML | STLPort]

Colin Jeanne    1114
I thought I had done exactly as you said (line by line with javascript) but when I did it again this time I noticed that the variable I was using to name my form elements was being converted into an integer (since the names were all integral values) and I assumed it would remain a string.

It''s still not working perfectly but I think I can continue it from here.

Thanks.

Colin Jeanne | Invader''s Realm