STLPort question.

Started by
2 comments, last by wyrd 20 years, 2 months ago
I''m making a game that I can play on both PC and Pocket PC. Aparently, however, the Pocket PC doesn''t support exception handling, which leads to no STL. So to get around this, I''m using STLPort (no doubt most people do). I am, however, getting a warning while compiling;
quote: c:\program files\windows ce tools\wce420\standardsdk_420\include\sh3\xstring(724) : warning C4530: C++ exception handler used, but unwind semantics are not enabled. Specify -GX c:\program files\windows ce tools\wce420\standardsdk_420\include\sh3\xstring(720) : while compiling class-template member function ''void __cdecl std::basic_string,class std::allocator >::_Copy(unsigne d int)''
I''m not familiar with STLPort at all (in fact this is my first time using it). So I was curious as to how I can get rid of this warning (or if it''s even possible). Other than that, everything seems to be working fine. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
You could do what the warning suggests, specify -GX in the compiler options (or enable the according optins in the property dialog).
You can ignore this error. If exceptions aren''t enabled, they aren''t enabled; having a throw() somewhere won''t mess everything up. IIRC, VC++''s default behavior is for thrown exceptions to call abort() if exceptions are disabled.

"Sneftel is correct, if rather vulgar." --Flarelocke
Hmm, alright. Thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement