Class exporting in DLLS

Started by
1 comment, last by krakrazor 20 years, 2 months ago
I noticed VC++ 2003 defines exported classes like this: class __declspec(dllimport) CPASM // or export, don''t wanna bunch it up with defines in this example { public: CPASM(void); ~CPASM(void); // TODO: add your methods here. }; i''m used to doing it with an interface and defining a struct with virtual functions that inherits into a class and use a getinterface() function in the dll to create a new object for me... should i go back to this method or does VC++ 2003 make it easier to use function calls in run time load libraries?
Advertisement
anyone know?
Export the factory function only.
You dont have to export the class at all.
The factory creates a new instance of
implementor bur returns a pointer to the
interface the implementor implements.
eg.
//common hdrstruct Abstract{   virtual void Foo()=0;}enum{I1,I2};//dllclass Implementor1 :Public Abstract{public:  virtual void Foo(){cout<<"I'm Implementor1::Foo"}};class Implementor2 :Public Abstract{public:  virtual void Foo(){cout<<"I'm Implementor2::Foo"}};declspec(__dllexport) Abstract* Factory(UINT what){    if (what==I1)          return (Abstract*)(new Implementor1());    return (Abstract*)(new Implementor2());}//exe...dll stuffAbstract* pa1 = (P2_Factory)(I1);Abstract* pa2 = (P2_Factory)(I2);pa1->Foo();pa2->Foo();

// is it ok ?

[edited by - marius on January 25, 2004 1:04:48 PM]

[edited by - marius on January 25, 2004 1:06:11 PM]

[edited by - marius on January 25, 2004 1:10:28 PM]
MCO

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement