directx after tutorial???

Started by
2 comments, last by PyroniaWatches 20 years, 2 months ago
i tried the directx common files tutorial and sure enough it worked like a dream, except for one thing. how do i draw bitmaps, create new surfaces, do animation, add tilesets, load up a starting menu, write to and read from files, and thats only all i can think of right now. If you have an answer to any single one of these questions, please respond. Or, since there are a lot of them, point me in the direction of a good tutorial incorporated at least a majority, if not all, of them. Thank you much ps. I forgot double buffering [edited by - PyroniaWatches on January 25, 2004 9:42:08 AM]
Advertisement

Your question is a bit too broad. You''ll have to do research (that is: read lots of tutorials) on the majority of those things.. simply because they''re things we all had problems with and that you can learn only be reading dozens of mysterious, dusty tomes (or online tutorials).

Patience, grasshopper. Read and learn. Ask on the boards if you have a specific problem, or something you don''t understand, and we''ll by happy to help you.

.bas

[sPiKie] mmorpg isnt hard in vb
.basprintf ( "And for the %dth time, I'm not American!", ++lIdiots );My homepage
A good place to start would be GameTutorials

And yes, every single one of us went through those problems
Be warned that GameTutorials teaches bad coding practices; I''d advise you to read a good C++ book (if that''s what you''re using) if you decide to use their tutorials. They don''t have bad information, but after you learn enough you''ll see that their coding practices suck.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement