Testing... Testing... 1...2?

Started by
38 comments, last by Landfish 23 years, 8 months ago
Don''t you mean Objective-C ?
And I don''t know that one
( Though we could go LISP, Prolog, ObjectCAML, Perl, Occam... )

Give me one more medicated peaceful moment.
~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
ERROR: Your beta-version of Life1.0 has expired. Please upgrade to the full version. All important social functions will be disabled from now on.
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
Advertisement
I can help with C++, Visual Basic, heck even a little OpenGL if we ever want to test interfaces or create tools.

Wonder how many people will actually be willing to help. Already 8 people.....

-------------------------------------------
"What's the story with your face, son?!?"
-------------------------------------------The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.Exodus 14:14
If anyone knows of any clean MUD/MUSH/MOO code base that we might "borrow" some ideas from, let us know.
And this thing should be 100% Open Source, so that people can not only (ab)use the scripting system, but also modify the code for their own use.

Ps: The scripting language I''m thinking of is along the lines of Prolog, since that comes closest to defining reasoning rules, and facts.

~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
ERROR: Your beta-version of Life1.0 has expired. Please upgrade to the full version. All important social functions will be disabled from now on.
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
Okay, 22 messages in this forum, and NO new messages on the Goblin Game Developer message board?
I''m not impressed

~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
quote:Original post by MadKeithV

Okay, 22 messages in this forum, and NO new messages on the Goblin Game Developer message board?
I''m not impressed

~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~

What? there''s antoher board? ACK!

OBJECT C DAMMIT!

J
p.s. I can help with VB, C, C++ and script langs Python looks pretty cool.

Yep, there''s a specific board to discuss the architecture and ideas for this generic engine thing.

It''s right here:
Goblin Game Developers

~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
I just posted a very small UML diagram on that other message board to illustrate my current idea on system architecture. Please add comments, flames, criticism, lots of money,

~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
If you want base MUD code with nothing special in it, you probably should look in LP source, or diku sorce from the early Merc days. Since Merc first appeared it has been extended in many formats and would be too much structure for this kind of endeavor. I agree that this will give you a forum for testing these ideas, but I do have a concern about it.

Many of the ideas expressed here are the result of having multiple players online. Some of the assumptions and some of the designs are for massive multiplayer. I am afraid you will not be able to simulate the economy of a MMORPG with only a few players. I am afraid that you won''t be able to definitavely answer questions like "This system will cause the majority of players to ..." without having a population of players where deriving that majority statistic makes sense. This is really the only problem I see in it and is more than likely the reason that most people in MUD administration, just defer to the "Yu sorta have to do it to understand it all"

I can tell you that in all my years of MUD administration, I don''t think I could simulate a test environment to answer some of the questions asked here. I have a gut feeling, and trusted opinions from other people to help me decide what should and should not be done to cover a situation that may arise during gameplay.

Just my two cents.
Kressilac
Derek Licciardi (Kressilac)Elysian Productions Inc.
Actually, I''m 100% focused on single-player, so the people more involved with multiplayer, and MM, should step forward to add to the design so that some of their needs are met...

~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
In your diagram, I don''t see where events are. I can see where you would incorporate them, but they aren''t there.

BTW Keith, are you gonna post on this board anymore?

-------------------------------------------
"What's the story with your face, son?!?"
-------------------------------------------The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.Exodus 14:14

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement