Into what should I tread first?

Started by
10 comments, last by mrpectate 20 years, 2 months ago
The simple answer to your question would be: Yes. (In my opinion )

Most programming languages allow you to achieve the same goal, just via different routes. Hence if you know Blitz well enough, you will be able to code a program that is just as professional as would be possible in any other language (citing Oliii''s post above).

The main point about learning a language is that you will begin to learn and understand the basic and consequently, more advanced, programming concepts. These concepts are completely language independent and therefore any language which you begin with will help you to learn them. Once you have learned the basics, your knowledge will be transferable to any language you later choose to learn.
Advertisement
Sincere thanks to you all for your time and for sharing your experience. You have all made good points and they are truly appreciated. Time is definitely not an issue for me. I am willing to put in whatever it takes, and I do NOT expect to be impressing anyone for quite some time. I am going to take it slow and right now I''d like to concentrate on grasping the concepts of programming because it is so strange to me. I''m thinking of trying Blitz3D, for now, because I understand that it''s easier to pickup (which kinda calms my fear of failure:o) and there are some good points about it in your replies.

Thanks again for reading this.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement