• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any 3D engines out there?

This topic is 5099 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys. I may be looking to develop a 3D game for the Palm OS. Our budget won''t be enough for me to roll my own engine, or our timeframe won''t I should say, so I''m looking to license. I found a few leads through Google but, of course, nothing beats asking here So if anyone could post links to any 3D engines you know of, that would be great. Thanks in advance. _________________________________________________________________ Drew Sikora President, Lead Programmer - Blade Edge Software Staff Writer, Newsletter Editor - GameDev.net Community Relations - Game Institute

Advertisement
Definetely the XForge Engine! I´ve been tinkering around with it and it´s wonderful. Their developers provide an excellent support in their forums, too! If you want to try XForge, visit www.tapwave.com (Tapwave´s Zodiac homepage), register as a developer, and you´ll be able to download XForge Core for free to try it out.

--Ignacio Liverotti
iliverotti@hotmail.com

I need to look further, but in my limited search so far have only come with Razor for the palms.

If you have any more post them here and I will get around to adding them to my list of established engines for handhelds over at www.cgengine.com.

Will add Xforge... thanks,

John Thrower
www.cgengine.com
www.gamedogma.com
www.steelhole.com

Yo John, nice little resource you have there. Cool. I checked out Razor and while it''s not 3D, we''re also looking at 2D as well now in case our client can''t foot the bill for 3D. Thanks.

Drew Sikora
President, Lead Programmer - Blade Edge Software
Staff Writer, Newsletter Editor - GameDev.net
Community Relations - Game Institute

SDL can be built for the PocketPC. Might it be possible with PalmOS as well? I dunno. I hate palm.

It might be possible to create a wrapper for OpenGL also. It''s been done on PocketPC. I think there is a library called MiniGL that attempts to warp the OpenGL API in PalmOS, but I don''t know how powerful it is. Do a search for MiniGL.

Thanks Rian. I found it but it''s licensed under the LPGL, which makes it a pain in the butt to commercialize, we need an engine to power a commercial product. GapiDraw is supposedly coming out for Palm, but I haven''t heard back yet from them as to when

Saw this SDK for Palmin my wanderings...

http://www.intergrafx.com/collaterals_public/IG%203D%20Studio%20SDK%20Overview%20Web.pdf

Mojo

Thx Mojo, came across this as well myself. Doesn''t look as enticing as X-Forge does tho...

Drew Sikora
President, Lead Programmer - Blade Edge Software
Staff Writer, Newsletter Editor - GameDev.net
Community Relations - Game Institute

Another one at www.mophun.com, they released a while ago mophun 3D but is now made available for MMC and .sis distribution.

• Advertisement