• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smalley

Real Time Rendering Tricks and Techniques Shadow Map Problem

This topic is 5402 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I purchased real time rendering tricks and techniques today and couldnt wait to have a look at the shadow mapping chapter and the accompyaning demo, but the demo doesnt work correctly. The depth rendering from the lights point of view seems to work perfectly but the shadow map doesnt seem to be applied to the objects correctly in the second pass. Ive had a look through the code and also the shader files this afternoon but I cant seem to fix it, and im pretty sure my graphics card supports it, im using an ATI 9000 Pro 128mb. Ive done a search on the forums and cant see any posts complaining of the same probleming so i was just wondering if anybody new whether or not it was a common problem with the code and if anyone new how to make it work. Thanks in advance Stu

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!