• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

code won't run on test computer

This topic is 5191 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I have a little programm we are working on a fairly simple 2d game and we have an old computer to test it to see if we get an acceptable framerate on those machines. the problem is the tests run perfectly on my own development maschine(athlonXP1800/GForce3) but on the test computer p1mmx with S3 trio64V2 it quites when directx is initialised with this code: LPDIRECTDRAW7 LPDD_Create(HWND hWnd,DWORD dwCoopLevel) { //declare object pointer LPDIRECTDRAW7 lpdd; //create object DirectDrawCreateEx(NULL,(void**) &lpdd,IID_IDirectDraw7,NULL); //set cooperative level lpdd->SetCooperativeLevel(hWnd,dwCoopLevel); //return pointer to object return(lpdd); } is the S3 trio chipset not able to work together with directx? or should i look for something else. thanx,

Advertisement
Are you sure DirectX 7 or better is installed on your test computer? And you might want to start checking return values for error codes.

• Advertisement