• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chigaimasu

[java] Do you think it'd be possible to reproduce...

This topic is 5261 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

FF1 in an application? I''m considering making that my "personal final" for before my senior year is over. (I''m a junior right now) Thoughts, comments, concerns?

Advertisement
Assuming ''reproduce FF1 in an application'' means to make a game that is a clone of Final Fantasy 1, then of course it''s possible. Otherwise you need to clarify a bit.

Guest Anonymous Poster
chigaimasu = "not quite correct", used in a very deferential manner to express disagreement... Odd choice for a user name.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Or, seeing the sometimes personal attacks that occur online, the perfect screen name.

Not wanting to hijack this thread, I think that Japanese would be a perfect language for civilized online conversation because it has the overtones and inflections of meaning that English sometimes lacks.

To attempt to be partially on-topic, of course it is possible to reproduce FF1.

Feasible... well... there is a lot of knowledge that you''ll need before ''leveling'' up to FF1. Isometric mapping, render-time event handling, map loading, layering, dialog storage, sprite animation... it''s mind-boggling to think of the amount of work necessary.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!