[java] Do you think it'd be possible to reproduce...

Started by
4 comments, last by Chigaimasu 20 years, 1 month ago
FF1 in an application? I''m considering making that my "personal final" for before my senior year is over. (I''m a junior right now) Thoughts, comments, concerns?
Curse you windows and your poor explanation of my errors!!!
Advertisement
Assuming ''reproduce FF1 in an application'' means to make a game that is a clone of Final Fantasy 1, then of course it''s possible. Otherwise you need to clarify a bit.
Have fun.
Also, you might want to use interfaces. (see my other topic)...lol

[edited by - fadilthrejk on February 6, 2004 1:01:12 AM]
chigaimasu = "not quite correct", used in a very deferential manner to express disagreement... Odd choice for a user name.
Or, seeing the sometimes personal attacks that occur online, the perfect screen name.

Not wanting to hijack this thread, I think that Japanese would be a perfect language for civilized online conversation because it has the overtones and inflections of meaning that English sometimes lacks.

To attempt to be partially on-topic, of course it is possible to reproduce FF1.

Feasible... well... there is a lot of knowledge that you''ll need before ''leveling'' up to FF1. Isometric mapping, render-time event handling, map loading, layering, dialog storage, sprite animation... it''s mind-boggling to think of the amount of work necessary.
I think that would be hella-fun man -- good luck!
Art would end up being a problem if you plan on duping it from scratch.
"Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't." -Pete Seegerwww.lucid-edge.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement