• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gagagu

ode doku

This topic is 5335 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, i''m relative new in this business. I''ve downloaded and tested ode. I''ve created a small area with two falling down boxes and it works all fine. But i have some understanding problems with ode. I''m not a really good english speaker (reding, too) and i have problems to understand the ode dokumentation. Does anybody know if exists a german dokumentation of ode ? I''ve translated it with an translation program but it was''nt really useful. My Problems are: - How to create an Object (like the falling box) but as non basic geometrical object ? - I have understanding problem what are the properties of the reaction between to objects they collides to each other. Can anybody help me ?

Advertisement
Unfortunately, I''m not aware of any German language documentation for ODE.

My best suggestion is that you build and run the example problems. These demo applications may help you to learn how to use the library.

Graham Rhodes
Senior Scientist
Applied Research Associates, Inc.

hello,

We( me and three of my friends) also started to use ODE for two or three month for our simulation application.

"- How to create an Object (like the falling box) but as non basic geometrical object ?"

* As far as I know there are two ways. One way is, you sit and write all code(methods of collision with other objects, vs, vs)
This is hard way

* The second way is use of trimeshs. You can probably define your object with trimeshs. however to use this way, you should add trimesh related library(opcode as far as I know)it should come with ODE. You can also see the use of trimeshs in "test_trimesh" example which also comes with ODE in test directory.

I think you should also visit/register ODE mail list, they can help you more than I (http://q12.org/mailman/listinfo/ode)...

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!