• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheGibberingFool

Stupidly Cheap Subdomains

This topic is 5221 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm offering a subdomain at Gibbering.net, and I'm targetting developers. The subdomain features are as follows: Unlimited space (essentially) A MySQL Database (or more if needed) 15 Email accounts 10 FTP accounts PHP, CGI, etc 40GB bandwidth in total * Weekly backups All of the above costs you initially just $10, which you never, ever have to pay again, ever . After your payment, you never have to pay another cent ever again, and the subdomain is yours permanently. If you're interested, the URL is http://legion.gibbering.net/ * was 25GB [edited by - TheGibberingFool on February 7, 2004 4:20:48 AM] [edited by - TheGibberingFool on February 8, 2004 8:06:50 AM]

Advertisement
EVER !!!!!

that is a bit hard to believe.....

btw, yes i am a pessimist

"A soldier is a part of the 1% of the population that keeps the other 99% free" - Lt. Colonel Todd, 1/38th Infantry, Ft. Benning, GA

Maybe you guys didn''t notice this :

25GB bandwidth in total

Looks to me like you''re paying 10 dollars for 25 gb of bandwidth.

Zosee.com gives you unlimited space and unlimited bandwidth and unlimited mysql and unlimited emails for 10 a month.

quote:
Original post by Hysteria
Maybe you guys didn''t notice this :

25GB bandwidth in total

Looks to me like you''re paying 10 dollars for 25 gb of bandwidth.

Zosee.com gives you unlimited space and unlimited bandwidth and unlimited mysql and unlimited emails for 10 a month.

Good point, but about Zosee, there''s no such thing as a site with unlimited bandwidth. Many claim that, but all of them will shut down your site if the bandwidth exceeds a certain amount, and often the cap isn''t very large. Plus I tend to be skeptical about server performance on such hosts.

~CGameProgrammer( );

Screenshots of your games or desktop captures -- Post screenshots of your projects. 100+ posts already in the archives.

Well I have signed up for a subdomain, and I am very pleased with the service provided. Thank you Mr GibberingFool.

Perhaps next time you should find out about and try the service before you start putting it down!! :@

- Ratterbox

Guest Anonymous Poster
Isn''t there a difference between "10 dollars, ever" and "10 dollars a month"?

I uploaded 18 gb to my zosee account and used 42 gb of bandwidth in one month. My only dissapointment was I was not able to get the email to work with outlook.

quote:
Original post by Hysteria
I uploaded 18 gb to my zosee account and used 42 gb of bandwidth in one month. My only dissapointment was I was not able to get the email to work with outlook.

And that''s somehow worth an extra several hundred dollars for the people that don''t use their website as storage for everything they own?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!