256GB USB drive!?

Started by
33 comments, last by JY 20 years, 2 months ago
"We want to combine the best of two worlds: Miniaturization of controllable Quantum Systems."

I think we''re safe to say it''s a fake.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Advertisement
The biggest I''ve ever seen is 1 gig, and considering they cost over three hundred, I find it unlikely anyone would try to sell something with 256 times that storage, or at least not expecting any significant portion of the mass market to buy any.

Most storage I''ve seen on one.

-Arek the Absolute
-Arek the Absolute"The full quartet is pirates, ninjas, zombies, and robots. Create a game which involves all four, and you risk being blinded by the sheer level of coolness involved." - Superpig
I know we''ve established this as fake already, but I just think it''s funny...if you look closesly at all at the numbers and letters you start to notice that they''re hand drawn (it''s pretty good lettering, mind you; they must have had a drafting class!) because, for example, the G''s and B''s in "GB" are different all three times. Same with a the numbers. Must not have had any actual photo-editing software I guess...
Uhm... yeah, I got a 256mb USB Flash drive (SanDisk) for $29 the day after thanksgiving at a Best Buy sale. You sucka''s are behind, yo!

- CD

Brought to you by Code_Dark
Hmmm... you guys are obviously a lot smarter than all the publishers in the UK then because I actually saw this information in one of the major computing magazines.

I guess they should have done their research first! If the web site is crap then it has to be a fake? Well, I kind of agree with pentiumi3d that it''s very much in the labs at the minute and probably not for consumers for a long time yet... still, I shall enjoy watching all the doubters eat their hats when this non-existent fake technology comes to market.

"Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own." - Lee Jun Fan
"Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own." - Lee Jun Fan
Shots looks like images from 1 inch computer display,taken by camera,and with hand-drawn letters .Really,if they made working drivers for windows(that''s amazingly hard),it should be ready for mass production :-)

But most interesting,what they want to do with that fake?How they want to use it?

Kisa i Osya zdes bili
Am I the only one to notice the most stupendosly stupid thing about the screenshot? Try actually going to that screen that shows the pie graph of space on your hard drive. How much room does it take up? Barely a third you say? But on thier copy of windows it takes up MORE than the entire screen (you can see it going off the edges).

I cant beleive a magazine actually ran an article on this :S
The screenshot (screen pic?) on the front page has really poor alignment of the numbers. They could have done better. Maybe someone should offer them a better pic? Someone that has MS Paint at least?
best way to find out,

is for someone to call the guy:

Shimon Gendlin
21 Reed Lane
Westbury, NY 11590
US
Phone: 516-368-4800
Email: shimon_gendlin@msn.com

(from whois on atomchip.com and compu-technics.com - they''re one and the same)

i don''t live in the US so i''m not keen on the long distance call, but if someones up for it...

---
craig(at)cod3rz(dot)net
---craig(at)cod3rz(dot)net
quote:Original post by JY
Hmmm... you guys are obviously a lot smarter than all the publishers in the UK then because I actually saw this information in one of the major computing magazines.

I guess they should have done their research first! If the web site is crap then it has to be a fake? Well, I kind of agree with pentiumi3d that it''s very much in the labs at the minute and probably not for consumers for a long time yet... still, I shall enjoy watching all the doubters eat their hats when this non-existent fake technology comes to market.

Look at what I quoted earlier...

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement