Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncompressed TGA

This topic is 5093 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a question about .tga files. I am working with a 2nd party lib that uses openGL to do 2d graphics and I can''t seem to get the TGA files that I make with psp 8 to work with it. There were some tga files sent with the library for example programs and they work just fine so I am assuming that they aren''t compressed. They both load the same in psp 8 but the ones I make by hand don''t seem to work. My question is this, does anyone know how to save uncompressed images in psp 8? Or does anyone know of any other graphics software I can use to create uncompressed tga files? Any hlep would be appreciated, thanks in advance. -Andy "And then 2 men appeared... Men in dark suits.. with dark soulless eyes. Men like this could have come from only one place..
The bank."

I was kind of having the same problem with psp 7. Is it that the .tga files you make have no alpha channel so you can see the entire image even when blending? That''s what happened with mine, but I figured out that you have to basically trace around the edge of what you want to see so everything outside that little area is transparent. After I traced the edges with the selection tool, I chose "Save to alpha channel" or something under one of the menus. Not sure if that''s what your problem was, but it might be something to look in to.

-noix-

In this world gone mad, we won''t spank the monkey; the monkey will spank us.

Actually I did figure out the alpha channel in psp8 (I found a tut on the jasc site), but my image appears garbled when rendered by the lib. The colors I used in the image are there it is just mangled so to speak when drawn.

It it helps I am using the ptk lib from phelios.

Thanks for the quick reply though.. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

"And then 2 men appeared... Men in dark suits.. with dark soulless eyes. Men like this could have come from only one place..
The bank."

I had this problem with psp 7... Once u press Save as you will choose .tga file. and OPTION button or AVANCE will appear.. and there u can choose to save as uncompressed.. i thin the same would be for psp8.

You could also get a real editor like photoshop

or try converting it with irfanview or some free image editor.

quote:
Original post by curtmax_0
You could also get a real editor like photoshop

or try converting it with irfanview or some free image editor.

lols ! paintshop owns ! .. and no problem andy.. anytime