• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xeee

windows question : invoking windows explorer context menu

This topic is 5425 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to invoke the windows explorer context menu(the one which appears when the users right clicks on one or more files from windows explorer) from a program, in other words, I''m showing some files to the user in a listview, when he selects some and right clicks, i want the context menu of windows explorer to appear, so that he can perform any of the ordinary windows operations on them. i''m aware of how to make a context menu and such basic information, so you don''t have to tell me about them. thanks very much xee..

Advertisement
If you have access to the underlying folder that the files you wish to display appear in, then you can use a IShellFolder::GetUIObjectOf() to acquire a IContextMenu interface for each file. You can then either use IContextMenu::QueryContextMenu() to merge the menu with an an existing context menu object or IContextMenu::GetCommandString() and IContextMenu::InvokeCommandString() to manually build your own context menu and dispatch the relevant messages.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!