• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sealen

My window is twinkling,twinkling,twinkling...why???

This topic is 5372 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

code are as follows: //----------------------------------------------------------------------------- // Name: WinMain() // Desc: The application''s entry point //----------------------------------------------------------------------------- INT WINAPI WinMain( HINSTANCE hInst, HINSTANCE, LPSTR, INT ) { // Register the window class WNDCLASSEX wc = { sizeof(WNDCLASSEX), CS_CLASSDC, MsgProc, 0L, 0L, GetModuleHandle(NULL), NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, "D3D Tutorial", NULL }; RegisterClassEx( &wc ); // ҪȫÆÁ±ØÐëÒªWS_POPUP //HWND hWnd = CreateWindow( "D3D Tutorial", "D3D Tutorial 02: Vertices", //WS_POPUP, 0, 0, GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXSCREEN), GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYSCREEN), //GetDesktopWindow(), NULL, wc.hInstance, NULL ); HWND hWnd = CreateWindow( "D3D Tutorial", "D3D Tutorial 02: Vertices", WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, 0, 0, 300, 300, GetDesktopWindow(), NULL, wc.hInstance, NULL ); // Initialize Direct3D if( SUCCEEDED( InitD3D( hWnd ) ) ) { // Create the vertex buffer //if( SUCCEEDED( InitVB() ) ) { //´´½¨Ìûͼ //if( SUCCEEDED( InitGeometry() ) ) { // Show the window ShowWindow( hWnd, SW_SHOWDEFAULT ); UpdateWindow( hWnd ); // Enter the message loop MSG msg; ZeroMemory( &msg, sizeof(msg) ); while( msg.message!=WM_QUIT ) { if( PeekMessage( &msg, NULL, 0U, 0U, PM_REMOVE ) ) { TranslateMessage( &msg ); DispatchMessage( &msg ); } else Render(); } } } } UnregisterClass( "D3D Tutorial", wc.hInstance ); return 0; } //----------------------------------------------------------------------------- // Name: Render() // Desc: Draws the scene //----------------------------------------------------------------------------- VOID Render() { // Clear the backbuffer and the zbuffer g_pd3dDevice->Clear( 0, NULL, D3DCLEAR_TARGET|D3DCLEAR_ZBUFFER,D3DCOLOR_XRGB(0,0,255), 1.0f, 0 ); // Begin the scene if( SUCCEEDED( g_pd3dDevice->BeginScene() ) ) { //ÉèÖÃÎÆÀí //g_pd3dDevice->SetTexture(0, g_pTexture); //g_pd3dDevice->SetTextureStageState( 0, D3DTSS_COLOROP, D3DTOP_SELECTARG1 ); // Render the vertex buffer contents //g_pd3dDevice->SetStreamSource( 0, g_pVB, 0, sizeof(CUSTOMVERTEX) ); //g_pd3dDevice->SetFVF( D3DFVF_CUSTOMVERTEX ); //g_pd3dDevice->DrawPrimitive( D3DPT_TRIANGLESTRIP, 0, 2 ); // End the scene g_pd3dDevice->EndScene(); } // Present the backbuffer contents to the display g_pd3dDevice->Present( NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL ); } HRESULT InitD3D( HWND hWnd ) { // Create the D3D object. if( NULL == ( g_pD3D = Direct3DCreate9( D3D_SDK_VERSION ) ) ) return E_FAIL; // Set up the structure used to create the D3DDevice D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS d3dpp; ZeroMemory( &d3dpp, sizeof(d3dpp) ); d3dpp.Windowed = TRUE; d3dpp.SwapEffect = D3DSWAPEFFECT_DISCARD; d3dpp.BackBufferFormat = D3DFMT_UNKNOWN; // Create the D3DDevice if( FAILED( g_pD3D->CreateDevice( D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT, D3DDEVTYPE_HAL, hWnd, D3DCREATE_SOFTWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING, &d3dpp, &g_pd3dDevice ) ) ) { return E_FAIL; } // Device state would normally be set here return S_OK; }

Advertisement
Well, I would attempt to help you. First, I need to see the vertex structure (ex. "struct/class MyVertex"). Also, have you tried taking "D3DCLEAR_ZBUFFER" out of the function call to "g_pd3dDevice->Clear(...)"? Try that, because it may work. I have had this problem before, and there can be a couple things, as far as I know. If taking that parameter out doesn't work, then let me know and I will try to help you out.

Matt U.

[edited by - SimDemon on February 7, 2004 10:05:38 AM]

These values are set in D3DXMatrixPerspectiveFovLH. You have a near view plane and a far view plane. Also, what is your Z buffer depth type?

Chris

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!