• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jaggy

autocomplete in vc++ 6

This topic is 5396 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hey there, I''ve recently started to have a go at learning DirectX, which is all well and good. I''m using visual c++ 6 and as there does seem to be a lot of new functions, I could really use the autocomplete menu which pops up when you use . or -> with an object. The same way objects work with the in-built c++ stuff, or your own custom classes. Does anyone know how to turn this autocomplete on for DirectX? Or should it be there anyway, and I have set it up wrong? Thanks for reading.

Advertisement
Autocomplete is kind of crappy in Visual C++ 6.0. .NET 2002 and above are much better.

Try "Visual Assist" (google for it). It improves autocomplete in 6.0 quite a bit, and has other neato features as well.

"Sneftel is correct, if rather vulgar." --Flarelocke

I love visual assist, but if you want to go without it, just add the dx include files to your project.

I''ve been using visual assist for an hour or so, and already it looks great.
Thank you for the recommendation

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!