opengl source way too slow 0-10 fps.

Started by
28 comments, last by aewarnick 20 years, 2 months ago
YOU ARE RUNNING IN SOFTWARE MODE.
Advertisement
Okay, trying to clarify this mess, since the poor guy obviously does not know what software mode means...

Those games you mention do not use OpenGL (which is a specific graphics library, there are others), thus their performance is not affected by the deplorable state of the OpenGL drivers on your computer. The code sample on the other hand, DOES use OpenGL, and does things that rely on the presence of and access to graphics hardware to run properly. Find out what graphics card you have, get the latest drivers, and pray they come with a good OpenGL implementation.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOUR VIDEO CARD/DRIVERS AR SO OUT OF DATE YOU''RE RUNNING IN SOFTWARE!

Why do the games I mentioned above run fast?
How do I run in hardware mode?
Ignore that post. I wasn''t viewing this second page when I posted it.
You run in hardware mode, by UPGRADING the drivers for whatever your videocard is.
Problem solved! It may be better for me to use another graphics api. What do the games I listed use?
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Problem solved! It may be better for me to use another graphics api. What do the games I listed use?

you still need to update your drivers. You need up to date drivers to run ANY of the new games coming out right now.

[edited by - DerAngeD on February 7, 2004 11:28:52 AM]
Oh. Skip that idea then. I''m going to post a topic about glDrawPixels. Thanks!
It''s not hard to upgrade drivers...

Don''t blame the API for your ignorance.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement