• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jobs

This topic is 5189 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was wondering how the demo I'm sending to a company should look like. I mean, how should the code look like, how should the classes be devided... etc. Is there a special standard that I should use? I wanted to know if there is some kind of tutorial or something that tells me the important things that I should look out for before sending the demo to a company. [edited by - delbogun on February 7, 2004 12:03:59 PM]

Advertisement
Hmm, that''s kind of a vague question, but I''ll try to answer it.

As far as style goes, there are many schools of thought and people get pretty religious about them. The most important thing though is to pick a style that''s easily readable and then stick to that style throughout your code.

As far as how the classes should be divided...I''m not sure what you mean. You generally have a single header file for each class. It''s also pretty common to group different subsytems into seperate folders. Which brings up something important. You should try as hard as you can to make your systems modular. In other words, the sound system shouldn''t rely on stuff in the graphics system and so on.

Another thing to note is that, unless your aiming for a company that ONLY does PC games, then it''s preferable to make your code as portable as possible. That means you should steer clear of anything that is very windows-specific whenever possible.

Well, I hope that helps. If you can give more details on what you want to know, we can give you more detailed answers

-John

• Advertisement