• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DDraw: anyone know how to fix clipper in windowed mode?

This topic is 5099 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I finally converted it to windowed mode, but the characters disappear when they barely touch the side of the wall--I''m wondering where the borders of the clipped surface or drawing area can be modified..Thanks

Advertisement
When the characters disappear, is the API call you''re using to draw the characters perhaps failing?

How are you drawing your sprites? BltFast doesn''t support clipping. The API will return an error when this happens and the the blit will fail, which sounds like what is happening in your case.

My solution was simply to create a function which adjusted the blit source rectangle and destination coordinates, and the then to call BltFast with those. Assuming this is your prolem, it''s a quick and easy solution.

tj963

ahh, so you mean to just modify the rect before blitting the sprite?

I know that you have to somehow modify SetHWnd() to something that the windowed mode will work with.. SetHWnd is good for Exclusive mode I assume.

I was looking at the clippers other member functions and I noticed a SetClipList function. Would this be the proper function to use to get clipping to work in windowed mode?

Ok after some reading-it turns out to be the right function to use however, it's not the easiest thing to figure out

Thanks

[edited by - Toonkides on February 7, 2004 11:29:49 PM]

• Advertisement