Help a few kids learn C++

Started by
13 comments, last by Suicide_joe 20 years, 2 months ago
quote:Original post by DerAnged

LETS NOT FLAME WAR OVER WHAT IDE IT''S ALL THE SAME COMPILER

Which is why the executables will be the same size and be the same speed, therefor invalidating your arguements.

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Advertisement
However, newbies could care less in all this IDE chatter. They need something that will compile their simple code. They''re not making Quake or anything, so the .exe size really doesn''t matter.

-Peter
There are two inevitabilities in life: death and failure.-PoLiSh
EDIT: THIS POST WOULD HAVE STARTED A WAR! MY FAULT!

[edited by - DerAngeD on February 7, 2004 10:04:58 PM]
quote:Original post by Suicide_joe
It might be because C++ for dummies is using GNU, which runs in DOS, i have xp so i can''t use my DOS. Maybe thats it?

The compiler you are refering to is known as GCC (GNU Compiler Collection). It does run on a variety of platform, including both DOS and Win32. It is also, incidentally, the compiler that is integrated into the Dev-C++ IDE, so the problem lies not with the compiler, but either with the book, or with the typist

“Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.” — Brian W. Kernighan (C programming language co-inventor)
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
Post yer code...

btw, use the [source.] and [/source.] tags around your source (without the ".")
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement