[java] probs w/ my first java app

Started by
3 comments, last by BrainlessDesigns 20 years, 2 months ago
hi there! today i converted my c++ game ai main routines to java. i installed the latest j2se sdk from sun and could compile it w/ javac. when i started java i got the following error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: myApp i''ve win2000 and the latest sun sdk where''s the problem? i experimented w/ the classpath but nothing worked. can anybody help me please... here''s a part of my code: /*********************************************************************************** * lettermix class - implements all game functionality * ***********************************************************************************/ package LetterMix; import LetterMix.Dict; import LetterMix.Cubes; import LetterMix.Board; import LetterMix.Word; import java.io.*; public final class LetterMix { private static final int COUNT_OF_CUBES = 13; private static final int BOARD_WIDTH = 13; private static final int BOARD_HEIGHT = 13; private static final int NOT_USED = 0; private static final int LEFT_TO_RIGHT = 1; private static final int UP_TO_DOWN = 2; private static final int EASY = 0; private static final int NORMAL = 1; private static final int HARD = 2; private static final int AI_MODE_ONE = 0; private static final int AI_MODE_TWO = 1; private static final int AI_MODE_THREE = 2; private static final int COUNT_OF_AI_MODES = 3; private static Dict dict; private static Cubes cubes; private static Board board; private static Word words[]; private static int difficulty, wordCount; private static String bestWord; public static void main(String argv[]) { if(init(argv)) { startThinking(); showResults(); } else { System.out.println("init failed..."); } } public static boolean init(String argv[]) { dict = new Dict(); cubes = new Cubes(); board = new Board(); words = new Word[COUNT_OF_CUBES]; //no parameters... if(argv.length==0) { System.out.println("LETTERMIX ai_mode [cubes_init_string]"); return false; } //select difficulty if(argv.length>0) { switch(argv[0].charAt(0)) { case ''E'': difficulty=EASY; break; case ''N'': difficulty=NORMAL; break; case ''H'': difficulty=HARD; break; default : System.out.println("unsupported difficulty..."); return false; } } //have we a second parameter? if(argv.length>1) { //this cube init string sux... if(argv[1].length()!=COUNT_OF_CUBES) { System.out.println("cube init string wrong..."); return false; } //initialize cubes w/ init string cubes.init(argv[1]); } //ok, then we... else { //...let the random play cubes.init(""); while(!cubes.roll()); } //initialize dictionary try { dict.init(); } catch(IOException e) { System.out.println("dictionary init failed..."); return false; } board.init(); wordCount=0; return true; }
_________________BR4iNL355 D35iGN5_________________
Advertisement
Maybe its because you''re using a package...

What is myApp? The class must be declared in a .java file of the same name, and compiled to a class file of the same name.
Hi
If you say something like: public class yourName the java file has to be the same as that name. Example:
public class Test
is in the file Test.java and when compiled it's called Test.class. So you use java test to start it

Hope this can help you
Wesley

[edited by - wicked_wesley on February 7, 2004 5:17:47 PM]
Have a nice dayWesley
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Maybe its because you''re using a package...

What is myApp? The class must be declared in a .java file of the same name, and compiled to a class file of the same name.

yeah you need to do java LetterMix.LetterMix to run the program i think
thanx 4 all!

i''ve found the problem. it was not the classpath but the wrong import path - i dropped the package statement and put the main class to the parent folder and the rest in the actual. sometimes it''s so easy...
i thought that there must be something wrong with win2000 and the new j2se sdk. i tried everything with the classpath but nothing happened. damn. it costed me 3 hours to run it.
but now it''s fine :-)
_________________BR4iNL355 D35iGN5_________________

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement