• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RonanHayes

Compiler confusion (Damn college made my course move)

This topic is 5400 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, confusion this week, as my college made my course move labs. We are going from 2003.net to 2002. So basically Im having some basic problems. I thought I made the transition fairly well, but now im having some problems. Oh and they dont have MSDN installed, so its that bit tougher. Firstly fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ''stdafx.h'': No such file or directory The file is there and included, not only that but I have checked dependencies etc, and Its driving me crazy. I''ve done the rounds checking it old and new applications and its doesnt seem to like any of them. Any ideas? Next error C2146: syntax error : missing '';'' before identifier ''m_d3dEnumeration'' Now these are the common DX files, I created a sample application that runs the Teapot. Works fine no problems, I add in some older files from another application I made and it just goes nuts. I thought there would be conflicts with versions or something but both files seem to be the same.... The error that follows is : error C2501: ''CD3DApplication::CD3DEnumeration'' : missing storage-class or type specifiers But these are all the common DX files, and nothing was changed or altered. Any suggestions on this? Sorry about this, I really hate compilers, and more so hate change. If anyone has any suggestions, It would be much appreciated. Ronan

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!