OpenGL Basic Loading Problem!

Started by
5 comments, last by XeRoZeN 20 years, 2 months ago
I''m having issues with my OpenGL Loading Screen. It uses quads and when it displays the image but not in the right way. I need to use 1024 x 1024 but instead I would like to use 1024 x 764. If I use a uneven dimension I get a blank white screen. Is there a way to use demensions that arnt by 1024 x 1024, 512 x 512 and etc?
Advertisement
If you''re comfortable with extensions then look up ARB_texture_non_power_of_two (don''t know if any cards actually support it yet), EXT_texture_rectange and NV_texture_rectangle. If you don''t want to use extensions then just pad your image to 1024 by 1024 and adjust the texture coordinates to only show 3/4 of the texture or split the image into a 1024 by 512 image and a 1024 by 256 image and render it with two quads.

Enigma
You have to use extensions such as ARB_texture_non_power_of_two or NV_texture_rectangle to use textures with odd dimensions.

[edit]: hooray I'm slow

--------------------------
{ Arena: Resurrection, my text-based RPG/Mortal Kombat-like game }
{ A Look Into The World Of Arena II, a collection of short stories about characters in Arena II }

[edited by - Creation on February 7, 2004 6:06:10 PM]
--------------------------{ Arena: Resurrection, my text-based RPG/Mortal Kombat-like game }{ A Look Into The World Of Arena II, a collection of short stories about characters in Arena II }
Draw your picture in 1024x768.
Rescale it to 1024x1024.
Draw the textured quad so it fills the screen with tex coordinates (0,0) (0,1) (1,1) (1,0) and it will look good.
Anonymous poster your idea may be great but my picture is a "pixel-ish" type of picture. I''ll test out "NV_texture_rectangle". Thanks guys!
it should be noted that by using the NV_texture_rectangle extension you are limiting yourself to nVidia hardware.

Granted, this might not be a problem, but it pays to be aware of these things
quote:Original post by XeRoZeN
Anonymous poster your idea may be great but my picture is a "pixel-ish" type of picture. I''ll test out "NV_texture_rectangle". Thanks guys!

I would still make the texture 1024x1024 and leave the extra space blank and change the texture coordinates instead.
// Kahd''zuk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement