Jump to content
  • Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monkeyman

Why is glTexSubImage2D using interlacing?

This topic is 5398 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Hey- I''m trying to replace a portion of a texture using glTexSubImage2D, but it''s in some interlaced mode that I don''t know how to disable..rather than replacing the portion of the texture I specify, it replaces it about halfway up, and the image data itself is stretched vertically(horizontal strips are doubled).. On the first system I was coding on, I spent about an hour or so debugging the problem, but was unable to find a solution, all I could do was verify that the data was correct and glTexSubImage2D simply wasn''t working as expected.. I resumed working on a different computer, and it was all working correctly right from the start..I figured it was a driver issue on the original system and didn''t worry about it.. Now, (the next day)on the same system, glTexSubImage2D appears be to again using some interlaced mode that I don''t know how to disable..I found a reference to GL_INTERLACE_EXT, but it''s not defined in my version of glext.h, and I haven''t enabled it since yesterday anyway, so it may not be the problem.. I can manually update the image data myself and recreate the texture(it''s very slow) and it''s correct(I have also seen glTexSubImage2D work correctly with the same data), so I''m fairly certain that the error is unrelated to the data I''m passing, and caused by some OpenGL state that''s not set right.. If anyone has encountered this before and knows the solution, I would appreciate any info you can provide.. Thanks in advance to all who respond -MM "Like all good things, it starts with a monkey.."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
I have a clue

It works with power-of-2 images, odd sizes don''t work..that explains the inconsistency in my tests with the same build on different systems..

"Like all good things, it starts with a monkey.."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!