• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

issue with <string>

This topic is 5094 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well as my message states, I am having an issue and I have no freaking clue as what to do to fix it. I have this in the code. #include <string> class CelistialBase { public: CelistialBase(void); CelistialBase(string inName); // <-- line 10 ... ... ... private: string mName; // <-- line 20 }; and I am recieving these errors: CelistialBase.h(10) : error C2629: unexpected ''CelistialBase ('' CelistialBase.h(10) : error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding '';'' CelistialBase.h(20) : error C2146: syntax error : missing '';'' before identifier ''mName'' Any thought on some funkey mojo I have to do to make it work in vc7? Thanks!

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster

#include <string>

class CelistialBase
{
public:
CelistialBase(void);
CelistialBase(std::string inName); // <-- line 10

private:

std::string mName; // <-- line 20

};

as the AP pointed out, you have to use the full identifier for the string (it is in the STD namespace).

so, you can either use "std::string" instead of just "string", or put a "using std::string;" at the top of your code.

although you should never put using in a header file as it would drag the name in for anyone using the header, which is a bit impolite.

• Advertisement